Arrive to all meetings with a Full Tank and Empty Bladder (FTEB)
Your Observed Ride
- See above - check your bike is legal and road-worthy, otherwise you won't get a ride. You'll be introduced to the concept of a POWDERS bike check.
- See above - wear appropriate clothing, preferably armoured.
- Aim to arrive 15 minutes early, so you're not rushing or stressed out.
- We've all been Associates and know how nervous you feel when someone's following you and observing your ride. Try to relax as much as possible (we know it's hard) and enjoy the ride.
- Keep your head up and don't spend the day looking in your mirrors. For new Associates, we use radios to take the pressure off, so you don't have to keep checking for indicator signals to know where you're going.
- Leave your commuter head at home. While there is some town riding, we'll be doing a lot of country lanes where we can practice using the SYSTEM.
- Buy your Observed Ride online (currently £12). We are a charity but still have expenses to cover to keep the club running and provide you with a service.
- Buy your Observer a coffee and cake! Our aim is to make you a safer and more confident rider. We do this for free and we're all glad to do it. Your Observer is giving up most of their day to train you, so buy them a coffee and cake as a thank you.